From:
KEATING, CAROLINE C (AIT) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:56:13 -0500

Attached are the responses I received on GF food at Sandals.  The responses
from  fstevens and Sandy & Bob I couldn't open and read because the emails
had viruses when they were sent to me.    Please resend these responses if
possible.

All in All Sandals is excellent on accommodating.

We have stayed at the Sandals resorts called Beaches in Negril and in
Turks and Caicos. They were very accomodating. Get the name of the food and
beverage manager and call them a few weeks in advance.  If you want to
discuss details feel free to call me at 888-772-7326 x3333.

-------------------------------

 This is something I started taking with me to restaurants and
they seem to "get it" and understand a lot better than if I just try to
explain celiac (and dairy allergy for me also).  You can alter it as you
need and just print out a bunch of copies.

Here it is:  (you will probably need to re-do it as hotmail seems to mess up
the margins...)

Best wishes,

-------------------------------

We did Beaches last Dec. and they were fabulous. I sent a FAX ahead to the
resort and described my situation and they told me not to worry, to look up
the head of food services when I arrived. We did that and every day I spoke
to him, told him what restaurant we wanted to eat at and he spoke to the
chef at that restaurant and they fixed us anything on the menu, adapted to
GF. I did bring my own pasta but never used it because the selection was so
great there. They even accommodated us at their Japanese restaurant,
preparing the same foods as every one else had but no soy sauce. They
created a sauce with garlic and Sesame oil. Since Sandals and Beaches are
the same owners, I am sure you can expect the same service.

Caroline

Caroline Keating
Director SBC Marketing
312-364-3674