From:
rice cakes etc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 13:58:18 -0400

Hi Listmates,

Just wanted to remind everyone that rice flour, pea flour, lentil flour
etc. can always be found in ethnic stores & usually at quite a lesser price
than at regular grocery stores that call these items "specialty" & price
them accordingly. Here in Canada we are quite lucky in that the Westfair
Foods people - Real Canadian Superstore, Loblaws, etc have well-stocked &
reasonably priced ethnic food aisles in their stores, so anyone with a
store connected to that chain close by doesn't have to seek out separate
ethnic grocery stores (although they certainly are interesting to browse
through!)

Also, about the inquiries about various products: please try to call the
company or distributor because the more they are bothered with these
requests, the more they may think about including this information in the
labelling. As long as we continue to give each other information within
this listserve, the longer we are from annoying the companies into making
changes. I know it might take a bit longer this way, but I think the
long-term results are worth it.

Helen in Vancouver, BC