From:
Manny Strumpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:19:42 EDT

    We got the same response from Whitehall Pharmacies as did others re:
Centrum no longer being GF due to lutein. When we called Nature Maid, (1 800
276-2878) whose gluten free products we have used for years, they assured me
that their Essential, 50+ vitamins, that are comparable to Centrum, contain
lutein but ARE gluten free.  The problem is not lutein but other factors,
Nature Maid assured me.  In fact, altho the labels to not indicate the
Essential 50+ vitamins are gluten free, they will contain such messages in
the future as omission on existing labels inadvertently omitted this info., I
was told.  Our household will continue to use and promote Nature Maid altho
we own no stock in the company whatsoever.  Let us support companies that
support us.

Manny and Phyllis in Connecticut