From:
Steven Blumberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:56:20 EST

First of all Thanks to all who responded to my post regarding our
difficulty with getting a school lunch for our 6 year old celiac child.
This all started because I knew it was a federal regulation that the
school provide lunch for her.  I have been working on this for 10 months
since she was in kindergarten and didn't even have lunch at school.
After several phone calls, letters and two face to face meetings it
looked like we were there.  The food service director realizes she must
accomodate my daughter even though I think she would like me to give up.
The food service director has agreed for the time being she will
personally come in and prepare the food for my daughter every friday
(bear in mind she supervises the entire school district - 6 schools - it
is the cooks who have changed their tune).  I will go this Friday to
supervise.  I will let you know what happens.