From:
Judith Daley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:11:03 -0500

Hi all,

I want to thank the many list members who responded to my post.  All
reply's were very helpful!  One list member pointed out that I should
have included where I was from because this can make a difference in the

Overall, there seems to be an agreement on what is gluten free at
Wendy's restaurants.  Here are the responses.

Items people have eaten with no problems:

Hamburgers w/o bun (16)
Frosty dairy dessert (15)
Chili (25)
All hot stuffed baked potatoes (27)
Taco salad (15)
Grilled chicken salad w/o breadstick (10)
Side Salads (7)
Deluxe garden salad w/o breadstick (7)
Grilled chicken fillet w/o bun (8)

** There was some differences on the french fries.  Basically it is a
question of whether or not the Wendy's restaurant that you visit
dedicates a deep fryer to only fries, cross contamination is an issue.

It was also suggested my a number of people to ask for a nutritional
guide at the restaurant.  It list all the ingredients in their menu
items.

One member gave me Wendy's # - 1 800 695 8226 (I haven't called yet)

Helpful web sites that were given:

 http://geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-fastfood.html
 http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Bath/8939/restaurant.html
 http://www.penny.ca/Products.htm

Thank you again to all that replied.  I'm off to have a Wendy's Taco
Salad!!

Judith :o)
Ottawa, Ontario - Canada