Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 06:39:31 PDT

I wanted to share my experience to all of you that it is possible to go out
and have a wonderful dessert in a nice restaurant.Oct 29 was my anniversary
and hubby took me out to our near-by natural food store where they have a
deli which I can find gf.We had anice dinner with out the kid and had a
truffle for dessert.Then we were invited out by our daughter who is a chef
to her restaurant and she arranged her baker to make me a gf dessert.I took
my alka seltzer gold just to be on the safe side.I had peppermint tea while
we were waiting for the dessert.I had a wonderful time!She had the baker
make me a flourless cake in the shape of a heart.It was chocolate on
chocolate and so rich and delious.It was totally starchless.She had told me
that they get alot of customers that cant have wheat and that cooking gf was
easy.At this restuarant everyone is  on this diet that has no starch in it
and loses weight.So to cook something gf is a piece of cake...haha!

If you have something coming up very special and if you take the time to
call ahead to arrange the baker to make some kind of dessert gf it can be
done (in a nice restaurant)!

Jody
icq#22357402
Eugene,Oregon
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.To keep our faces
toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is
strength undefeatable.   Helen Keller