From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 20:24:51 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Mochi is a great Chinese dessert, and my wife and I get it fresh in
Chinatown and eat it often. It is made with 100% sweet rice, filled with
either a sweet bean paste or peanuts and sugar, and usually covered on the
outside with coconut. Of course one need to trust the bakery where they get
it as they always make wheat-based things too. I usually only eat
mochi  when I can explain my situation to the baker and be sure that they
take basic steps to assure me that cross-contamination is unlikely.

Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Support Page:
http://www.celiac.com/
The Gluten-Free Mall(TM)