From:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:15:30 -0000

Dear Listmates,

Thanks again to one and all who took the time to reply to my inquiry about
eating GF in Louisville or finding GF friendly restaurants.  And my deepest,
most sincere apologies to the listmate whom I said I would call.  My husband
and I were simply too taken up enjoying your wonderful city and taking part in
the wedding celebration both on the days before and after the ceremony.

We had the pleasure of having one of the best GF sandwiches I have ever had at
the Cafe Fraiche.  Maureen had only GF cinnamon raisin bread that day.  I was
slightly disappointed but she came through with this amazing chicken salad
sandwich.  I am drooling just remembering how beautifully the flavors came
together. We had soup for an appetizer and then for dessert, Maureen served
the most unbelievable lemon sponge cake.  WOW!

That night we made reservations at Ferd Grasanti's.  Oh, my goodness!!!!  The
beef saltimbocca was fabulous.  The vegetable was a broiled tomato half (fresh
- grown in their own garden) with fresh green beans and delicately fried
onions and prosciutto.  Dessert was to die for - flourless chocolate torte and
cheesecake.  I had the chocolate torte, my husband the cheesecake and we got
another piece of each to carry away.

All I can say is that the Louisville celiacs have undoubtedly the best places
to eat!  It is worth the 12 hour drive (for us in NE PA), to just eat in your
town.  If any of you are ever in the area, do not hesitate to enjoy the food.

EmmaJane Adams
Danville, PA