From:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:13:17 -0700

List Servers,

I ran into something that blew my boots off!  Sara Garcia just released a documentary called THE FUTURE OF FOODS.  A friend gave me a copy which I have passed on already.  What is being done to our food chain in the name of chemical company profits is to say the least frightening.  Given the fact that Celiacs have a 1 in 4 chance of developing a second autoimmune disorder and eat more corn and than wheat eaters do this information is incredibly important to our health and the health of our children.  I have believed for a long time that the one huge way to keep our immune systems in the top possible shape is to eat organic or wild crafted foods.  This film confirms that the only way to assure we are getting no GMOs in your food is to eat certified organic products.

Check this film out.  I am buying one to share with the support group.  www.thefutureoffood.com<http://www.thefutureoffood.com/>

I consult for a company called EcoNatural Solutions (St. Claire's Organic Candy) and I know how hard it has been for them to assure there is no corn or GMOs in any of their ingredients.  I just wonder how many manufacturers go to such lengths to guarantee no gluten or GMOs are present in their product.  I would love to hear how other companies assure this and any other comments or information you have on this.

The celiacs groups were so influential in getting allergen information mandated on labels.  Now we need to rally to get GMO information on labels!  We deserve to have that information.

By the way - I do not work for anyone connected with this documentary!  After seeing this I am just passionately compelled to share the film with everyone I can.

Liz