Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:27:37 -0600

I have celiac.  My sister has been having trouble for quite some time.  She
really doesn't want to have it so does find reasons why she thinks she
doesn't.  However, she is not getting well.  I don't know if her doctor
(smaller town) knows much about it.  I have asked her what the doctor did.
She thinks he did a biopsy but doesn't know what all of the wording means
below.  This was what was on her "billing."  I assume the EGD might mean he
did get a biopsy (hopefully more than one) from the duodenum.  It appears
there were 4 tissues to exam but don't know how many were of the colon, etc.

Just trying to make sense out of what she had in testing.  Thanks and I will
summarize.

Here is what is on the billings:

CPT:45380 Colonoscopy, Biopsy

CPT: 43239 Upper GI Endoscopy/EGD/Biopsy

Pathology report:

Proc code 8830526   Microscopic Analysis, IV (4 tissue exam)

Proc code 8831226  Special Stains Group 1

Sharon