From:
Michelle Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:49:28 EST

I have searched the archives and have been reading your posts for the last
few weeks.  I need some clarification that my own doctor cant give me.
After months of being told I was lactose intollerant and having a lot of
Lower-GI symptoms (I am sure you do not want the foul details) My doctor
finally ordered an Anti gliadin antibody test. It was positive. She said,
dont eat wheat. I asked her if that meant I had Celiac Sprue she said
possibly. I was told to stop wheat for a couple of months, then eat a bunch
in one day to see what happened.

After 4 days of no wheat I felt incredible and have ever since... I am on
week 5. After lots of research I have found that maybe wheat isnt the only
thing I should avoid, so for the last 5 weeks I have followed a very strict
CD diet. Since I feel great and I certainly can use the new healthier diet, I
dont think it is necessary or even appropriate to do the bowel biopsy now.
How do you think I should proceed.? further testing will be useless since I
am off all glutens and I do not want to go back to feeling lousy, but what if
I am cutting out foods that I can have?  Is this a normal worry of newly
diagnosed people?

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate you responses.

Michelle