From:
Anne Rickaby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:02:04 -0400

Hi fellow list members;

Just went to my M.D. on Friday - he's sending me on to someone else for
more tests. (most likely a sigmoidoscopy)

I'm pretty terrified because he seemed rather concerned. He could feel that
the intestine (left side) was inflamed. I'm trying not to be overly
worried, actually kind of hoping for diverticulitis, Crohn's disease -
something other than cancer.

I don't know the new gastroenterologist yet. I'm hoping I can negotiate
with her about the prep for the sigmoidoscopy. Last tiem I did the same
prep, I wound up in the ER on IV for a day, totally dehydrated. I just
plain old don't react well to this stuff. And IT'S NOT IN MY HEAD! Has
anyone else ever been able to modify the prep, arrange for something
in-patient, or otherwise deal with the ordeal in a sane way. (BTW, I'm not
dreading the test itself.)

Thanks for any experience and ideas.

Anne in Cambridge