From:
Lorraine Dowdle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 21:22:42 -0400

I tried to be prepared.

I called the Hospital dietician before I delivered my last baby 4 weeks ago.
 She was adamant that she and her staff would be able to provide gluten-free
meals while I "enjoyed" my stay.

After delivery, I was famished of course and there awaiting me in my room was
a typical gluten-filled meal.  I sent it back, reminded the kitchen of my
needs, and was promptly delivered THEIR version of a gluten-freedinner.
 They had replaced the wheat roll with a white roll and sraped the breading
off the fish!!  I ended up eating jello and milk for dinner that night.  My
husband then went home to get me some REAL gluten-free food.

For breakfast, I was served rice krispies, a white roll and strawberries.  It
was a good thing I had some of my own food along.  I was also glad I was
getting out that day.  One could STARVE TO DEATH trying to stay gluten-free
in the hospital.  :-)

Lorraine Dowdle