From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:18:58 -0500

i'm wondering about giving myself allergy shots.  i heard people are
taught to self-inject them in NC and SC.

what would be the best way to learn to give oneself an injection?

i had 24 allergies on allergy testing.  i don't know how expensive 24
concentrates for the shots would be, or if you can get the concentrates
without a prescription.  My allergies are pretty bad but not the kind of
severity that sends people to the hospital if they're around a cat.
i know the protocol pretty well now having gotten allergy shots almost two
years ...

are the allergy shots worth it?  i have been getting them 1/week for 18
MONTHS now.  It is hard to tell what has happened to my allergies.  Some
are definitely worse, some are better.  This fall is the first time i
noticed the grass flower season.  i got sick for weeks.  i haven't been
blaming this on the allergy shots -- i found out i was intolerant to
grains, milk and other foods and have been avoiding them (probably i was
celiac).  People tell me after they go on a gluten-free diet their
inhalant allergies commonly get worse for a while then get better, getting
better can take years.

but with allergy shots, i have been sick for 1-2 days commonly after the
shots.  Sometimes as long as six days!  After 18 months i am still up to
only 1/10,000 of concentrate.  If i gave them to myself i could go as
slowly as i like, without worrying about the cost.

laura

if you reply to me personally, please reply to the address this mail came
from, [log in to unmask], and to my second email account, [log in to unmask]
*in the same mail message*.  My email at lightlink has not been arriving
on time often.  This way i will know if that's a lightlink problem.  Also,
i'll get the mail!