From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:21:19 -0500

>On another note, are we not supposed to have Morton's salt because it
>is not gluten free?

Before everyone gets upset, allow me to jump in with a comment.

The poster is making a statement about the GF status of a product
without any supporting details. It is critical that all posts to the
Celiac List give a location and details that can be verified by others.
Sometimes this can be hard in summaries and in those cases, it might be
appropriate to include a comment of how many replies reported this
information.

This same issue came up a few months ago and details are available in
our logfiles if you desire the complete story.

In general, those with Dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) may desire to avoid
iodine as it may cause a breakout of blisters. Iodine is added to most
salt in the US.

If you have DH and elect to avoid iodine, please discuss the issue with
your doctor as there are reasons to include this element or alternatives
in our diet.

--
Michael Jones  mailto:[log in to unmask]  Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac, Cel-Kids, & Celiac-Diabetes  Listowners