Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:25:12 -0500

Hi All ~~

Okay, first goes the gluten for celiac disease. Then I needed to find a GF
non-dairy milk; lots of those on the market. Now, I need to find a GF,
calcium-free, non-dairy milk...and one that tastes good, too. Even *I* think
this is getting ridiculous!!

Apparently, the types of calcium used in the non-dairy milks are causing
stomach upset, bloating, constipation, etc. I've always known that I
couldn't tolerate calcium carbonate, but could tolerate calcium citrate.
However, the non-dairy milks are using either the carbonate or mono- or
tricalcium phosphate, all of which are hard to digest.

Does anyone use an unsweetened, non-dairy milk that contains no calcium at
all? I know there's no reason for me to think I have to have milk - I can
get the calcium I need through vegetables, but drinking water with cookies
just doesn't quite work. I'm questioning the wisdom of calcium as a
prevention/treatment for osteoporosis ( www.nomilk.com ) and will continue
to research this issue in more medically sound sources. For now, is there
such a thing as calcium-free, non-dairy milk? (I've been searching Google
for two hours this a.m. - mostly, Google doesn't get the point of "calcium
free" milk.

Cheers ~~ Ayn in Kansas