Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 13:21:20 -0500

Dear Friends,
This may be an old subject.  I just called the The Quaker Oats Company to see
if their new product called "Chocolate Crunch Rice Cakes" is gluten-free.  I
was told that they consider it gluten-free because they do not add anything
that contains gluten THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF  to this product.  However, they
cannot guarantee that the product it completely gluten-free because they rely
on their suppliers for the ingredients and cannot guarantee that these
ingredients were kept in a gluten-free environment prior to Quaker getting
them.

Also, I inquired if Quaker yellow cornmeal is produced in a gluten-free
environment.  I was told that this cornmeal is packaged by the same machines
that package other products which may contain gluten.  SO, be warned!!!!

Does anyone know of a company that produces a safe cornmeal?

Be well.  Melissa Picchini