From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:37:29 -0400

I realized that I'd gotten a whole bunch of these success stories only
once I started sending out the earlier emails. Sorry for the multiple
emails on the same topic.  The rest of the personal experiences are in
this one email.

Long Horn Steak House
--Longhorn is another rest. that I frequent. Never had a problem. Their
menu is easy. Stay away from the logical culprits (croutons, cream
dressings...)."

Website: http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/loho_frm.asp
Link to their menu: http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/loho_frm.asp

On the Border
--"I'm very fortunate to have an On the Border near me whose manager has
a celiac wife.  I eat the chips, salsa, Queso, and beef fajita nachos.
MUST order the fajita meat without onions.  They saute them in soy sauce
or something else we can't have."  (7/2003)
--"They are very helpful in person"

Website: http://www.ontheborder.com/index_flash.html
Link to their menu:  http://www.ontheborder.com/menu/default.asp

Red Robin
--"Our local group went to Red Robin locally and had a very good
experience. However, our chairperson met with the manager several times
and did quite a bit of research on her own. Not all Red Robins and their
managers may be as cooperative[.]"

Website: http://html.redrobin.com/home.html
Link to their menu: http://html.redrobin.com/Menu.html

TGI Friday's
--"The Fridays by us has a note at the bottom of the menu that says to
please notify server of any allergies so that they can accommodate.
When I did this, the waiter and chef were very helpful."
--"We spoke to the Mngr. there and they told us that other GF folks had
just eaten there. The chicken tenders (sans breading) is GF and they
said that they could prepare it all sorts of ways and they raise they
own pure beef too. They said that they would give our name and number to
the chef, who knows what's in everything, and they'd be in touch.  Also
TGIF's tend to be owned in regional chunks, each with varying menus and
circumstances."

Website: http://www.tgifridays.com/main_nonflash.html
Link to their menu: http://www.tgifridays.com/menu.htm

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore