From:
CurtissAnn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CurtissAnn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:39:37 -0600

Assuming that you do not have Sjogrens S., you may find a huge relief in
your dryness symptoms from a miraculous product named Candex.  I have had
incredible, progressively terrible dryness, mouth, eyes, skin to the point
of despair.  I thought I had Sj.S. but all the titers were negative.  What I
actually had was ongoing candida overgrowth, which Candex takes care of with
an all natural gf product, can be found at most hfs.  If you can't find it
and want to try it, let me know and I can give you the tel. number of my
wholesale supplement place which carries it and can ship to you........I had
to give up wearing my contacts about 6 years ago and have been upset about
it and had to wear my glasses ever since.  Well, lo and behold, now my eye
dr. tells me that my dryness has been "cured" and I can wear contacts
again!!  (This is really amazing to me since I went back to normal, from no
tear flow at all!).  I had to keep two full glasses of water on my bedside
table and drink water all night long (much to my husband's dismay, I was up
all night!......)  No more of any of these symptoms.  Most celiacs have
candida overgrowth and intestinal imbalance, so chances are this could be
plaguing you too

There was a recent report on local TV that kids are getting lots of cavities
from drinking sweetened/bottled juices...one kid had 13 cavities from
drinking gatorade everyday.  I have read that bottled juices, etc are very
bad because they use the ripest/often rotten fruit and it is too much sugar
for the body...if you do drink some dilute it with water...it is best to eat
the whole fruit...if you juice, mix at least some of the pulp back in with
the juice and chew like crazy...the saliva is the best part for digestion.

 I've been GF for 3 years now and also found out about my Sjogren's at the
same time of diagnosis.  Staying GF doesn't help a thing in the Sj. S. world

b/c they are two entirely different auto-immune diseases.  Salagen or Evoxac
(sp?) tablets help the dry mouth.  OTC eye drops help the dry eyes.
Plaquenil helps keep the Sj. S. from progressing so fast.  You have to see a
retinologist every 6 months when taking it to prevent a rare side effect of
the drug.  Topical ointments help with the dry, itchy areas of skin.  I've
also stumbled on something else through a weight loss program I'm on.  If I
take 1 Tbsp. of Essential Oils daily in summer, almost 2 in winter, it
really cuts down on the nasty skin problems I've had with Sj. S.  I hardly
have to use the topical creams at all any more.  I get the oil at my local
Vitamin Shoppe.  It's made by Flora and is called Udo's Oil, after the Dr.
that originally formulated it, Dr. Udo Erasmus.  It's about $18 for a bottle
that lasts a month but that's worth enjoying having smooth hands and not
itching all the time.   My Sj. S. also has caused me neurological problems,
so I'm dealing with a lot more than I've mentioned, treatment wise.  My CD
quickly took a back seat to the Sj. S.

My dry eyes come back with the allergy seasons. I'm allergic to lots of
pollens and just plain old dry grasses as well as all parts of all grains,
so being in an agricultural area is dumb, I know. Anyway, my teeth get worse
during this time every year, even being very much gluten-free into my tummy.
2 years ago I had both a filling and a tooth fall apart. Last year I only
had 1 small chunk of a tooth chip off.

One thing I did this year differently was soak my feet in Epsom salts to
increase the intake of magnesium, which helps keep calcium in the body,
which in turn keeps it in the saliva, which keeps it in the teeth. It seemed
to help. I only had a tiny chipped piece, instead of the whole tooth falling
apart like last year. The magnesium also keeps the blood sugar down, as it
is needed by the cells to allow the insulin to bring in the sugar into the
cells, thus keeping the blood sugar levels down, thus keeping the immune
system in check better. Too much sugar floating around feeds bad things like
yeast, which interferes with the immune system, once again.

Yes, it's been frustrating, because I've been gluten-free for over 5 years,
and my tooth still got chipped, so I'm quite sure it's the stuff in the air
that is doing it. My fingernails are also terrific now, but they get more
brittle during the allergy season, too.