From:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:55:22 -0500

A SPECIAL OFFER

Happy New Year's to everyone and sincere thanks to all of you for your
wonderful support in 2003.

As a way of expressing my thanks and introducing you to a wonderful new
book, I having a warehouse sale to make more room in my bulging
warehouse.

During the month of January, I'll include a FREE copy of Food Allergy
Field Guide by Terri Willingham whenever you order Gluten-Free Friends
by Nancy Patini Falini, RD. That's a savings to you of $19.95! But it's
only available during January, so go to my web site at
www.savorypalate.com <http://www.savorypalate.com/> or call me at
800.741.5418 soon to take advantage of this great offer.

Gluten-Free Friends, with a foreword by Dr. Alessio Fasano, is designed
to help children ages 4-11 understand how to live on a gluten-free diet.
Nancy Patin Falini, RD, is a renowned dietitian specializing in celiac
disease. And, Food Allergy Field Guide, written by the mother of a
celiac child, provides all the information you need to prepare
wholesome, nutrition, gluten-free food for families with celiac
children.

See your latest issue of Gluten-Free Living magazine for a delightful
review of Gluten-Free Friends and then get your copy for that loved one,
a cherished friend, or someone who could benefit from it.

Finally, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of Gluten-Free Friends
(like all of our books) goes to celiac research. So you're doing a good
deed, too! And, don't forget to sign up for my free e-newsletter,
Carol's Culinary Cues, when you visit my web site.

2003 IN REVIEW

Looking back on 2003, it was quite a year! I'm proud that I was able to
help the Gluten Intolerance Group with local arrangements for their
annual conference in my hometown of Denver, CO last June. The speakers
were fantastic, the food was absolutely delicious and undoubtedly the
best food served at any gluten-free conference thanks to the efforts of
Lee Tobin, Outside the Breadbox bakery, and the Hyatt hotel. Plus, I
must add that I served every attendee in my session a piece of
gluten-free cherry pie..a treat that many still talk about!

I was also happy to work with three wonderful leaders in the celiac
community when I exhibited at the American Dietetics Assn conference in
San Antonio, TX this fall. Houston Celiac leader Janet Rinehart helped
me in my booth (and was a wonderful, fun roommate at our hotel). Plus,
San Antonio celiac leader Anne Barfield and newsletter contributor
Melanie Psaltakis also helped in my booth. I couldn't have done it
without these three ladies.

In addition, at this conference I was a part of a huge effort to educate
dietitians about the gluten-free diet during a special session organized
after-hours by Shelley Case, RD, Cynthia Kupper, RD of the Gluten
Intolerance Group, and Mary K Sharrett, RD of Children's Hospital in
Columbus, OH. All of these cooperative efforts inspire me and give me
hope that we can work together even more effectively in 2004. And, I'm
solidly backing the newly formed American Celiac Task Force and their
efforts to educate the nation's leaders on this very important topic.

In 2003, I published two new books.Gluten-Free Friends and Gluten-Free
101, AND revised Wheat-Free Recipes & Menus, Special Diet Solutions, and
Gluten-Free Celebrations (formerly Special Diet Celebrations). WHEW! It
was a busy year, but now all of my books are up-to-date and contain my
latest information. To order them, go to www.savorypalate.com
<http://www.savorypalate.com/> or any health food store near you.

Here's wishing you a healthy, wonderful, prosperous 2004.

Culinary regards,

Carol Fenster, Ph.D. - President
Savory Palate, Inc.
8174 S. Holly, #404, Centennial, CO  80122      800.741.5418

Award winning books, cooking consultant for food sensitivities

Subscribe to FREE e-newsletter, Carol's Culinary Cues, and order books
at www.CarolFenster.com