From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:31:00 -0400

------------------------------
no email on the SCD
-----------------------------

I just ran across someone, in the parking lot outside the health food
store.

She told me that she had celiac disease, and really severe allergies.

She'd just gotten bitten by a rabid raccoon, she'd gone to the emergency
room - but refused rabies shots because "Western medicine doesn't know how
to deal with people like me", that mainstream medicine had only made her
sicker, in the past - because of her allergies.  She said she'd reacted
to many antibiotics.  Maybe not the antibiotics themselves, maybe to the
"inactive" ingredients.

So she was waiting, kind of hanging around in the parking lot, freaked
out, trying to decide whether to dare Western medicine and the emergency
room.

I tried to convince her to go and get the shots, without any inactive
ingredients that she might be allergic to ... she said she'd had
anaphylactic reactions in the past and she figured she was going to just
take the risk that she would come down with rabies.

She'd had nothing to do with mainstream medicine for many years, just got
herbal medicines etc. - said doctors had taken forever to diagnose the
celiac, doctors didn't know anything.

Thing is, I know where she's coming from.  I have these virulent food
reactions.  Especially with corn - corn starch is in so many medicines.
I know what it's like to get "medical treatment", some drug that's based
on corn starch, and it just makes you SICKER!

She'd been allergic to corn for many years, she says she can eat corn now.

Many people on this list, too, know what it's like to be horribly let down
by medicine, to go around with horrible disabling medical problems for
years and no help for them, because doctors haven't been alert to food
intolerance or to celiac disease.

I guess the lesson is, don't let yourself get so alienated from mainstream
medicine that you don't know how to cope with the medical system in an
emergency!!!

I went through this recently, sort of.  I got a really bad bladder
infection.  I didn't even know I had a bladder infection for 4 days, I
thought it was a food reaction, because I have so many of them, and I
got sick about the right amount of time after eating something suspicious.

So I went off to the doctor, he said my urine had as much bacteria in
there as he'd ever seen.  But I'd never been through this issue of getting
drugs, without any corn, milk, etc. etc. etc., and I had to go through
this thing that I'd dreaded, finding a compounding pharmacy to make them
for me, while I was sick and getting sicker.  It took me 2 more days
before I finally got my hands on some antibiotics that hadn't been kindly
mixed up with allergens.  My real food reactions have just recently gotten
exposed, and I hadn't had the need for drugs since they were exposed.  I
found a good compounding pharmacy, America's Compounding 866 222 7993.  They
can do overnight delivery.

I don't know this person who was in the parking lot, I will probably never
see her again.  I don't know if someone is going to die totally
preventably from rabies, just because she was freaked out by her treatment
and experiences with mainstream medicine.

YIKES!!!

Laura