From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:00:35 -0500

Posted for Jan Hammer at [log in to unmask]

Hi everybody!

Great response. Because of the restrictions regarding length of post, I

am sending responses in several parts.

GF Flour mix:

2 c brown rice flour

2 c white rice flour

1 1/2 c sweet rice flour

1 1/3 c tapioca starch

2/3 c cornstarch

1/2 c rice bran

2 tsp xanthan gum

Sift together several times. I usually 4x this recipe and keep extra in

the freezer. Works well in all my old cookie & bar recipes - even rolled

out sugar cookies. Sometimes I add an extra 2-4 tbsp if cookies seem too

flat. Jan from ND

Leila's Best Chocolate Cake Ever

2 1/4 cups GF flour mix

2 cups sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup cocoa

2 tsp baking soda

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup buttermilk

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

1 cup hot water

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir in oil, buttermilk & eggs

(I used my mixer). Add hot water and stir till combined. Pour into a

greased 13x9 pan (I made cupcakes). Bake cake at 350 35-38 min, or 36

cupcakes for 20-25 min. Frost as desired.

Ardis's Best Chocolate Icing

1 c sugar 1/4 c milk

1/4 c Parkay 1 tsp vanilla

Bring to a rolling boil - 3:30 on High in my microwave. Use large pyrex

mixing cup. Boil 1 min. Add 1/2 c chocolate chips and stir about 5 min

until completely melted. Cool slightly and add vanilla. Pour over cake

or bars. Chocolate chips can be Nestle, Bakers, Ghiradeli, Gurleys or

Hershey.

Sharon

This is a very good dessert - similar to an apple cake. Easy and keeps

well in the refrigerator for days. We like it served cold from the

refrigerator with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I served it at Christmas

and the nonceliacs said it was excellent. They never knew it was GF.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-french-apple-

pie/7f79f7f1-cbf7-4866-86e2-0054e53d7f2f

or http://tinyurl.com/22od3y2

We also like pies (Banana-cream pie and Chocolate-cream pie) with graham

cracker crusts - I use Jo-Sef's Square Cinnamon Cookies for the graham

cracker crusts. Sharon