From:
Kay White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:37:25 -0500

Hi,
I need some professional advice if anyone can give...
I have been having all sorts of symptoms over the years.  The last 4 or 5 have been worse.
So I finally went to my MD.  He first took me off of lactose and I discovered that I had trouble with whey as well.  However, it only solved some of the stomach problems, nothing else.
So he did an upper endoscopy.  Found a hiatel hernia and some erosion in the esophagus, and didn't mention anything else.  The purpose was to test for CD, I thought.  I did not feel that they were even looking for that, they said it had not been on the orders.  However, after consulting with my doctor, stated that he spoke to the doctor who did the endoscopy and everything was fine.  I do not feel confident about this because each time I mentioned it concerning the CD they looked as if they had forgotten all about that.
So I used Enterolab and the results showed I had the gene, the fecal fat count was 845, I believe.
Now...My insurance company wants me to allow the Mayo Clinic to test me fully.
My question is...Is this necessary?  If Enterolab's gene testing was sufficient to prove I do have CD or if in this case I need to go through the expense of another opinion.
If there is a doctor out there who could give me his off the record opinion I would greatly appreciate it.  The attitude seems to be that if it doesn't come from Mayo they don't really know if it is accurate.
Thanks so much for your time,
Kay White
Missouri