Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:58:09 EST

GF STRAWBERRY BREAD** - this is a cake I converted from old recipe

2-1/4 Cups GFFlour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
4 eggs
1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2  cups sugar
12 oz frozen strawberries, thawed*
1cup chopped pecans

Beat the eggs and oil together.  Gradually add sugar (keep some of sugarto
sprinkle on strawberries after cleaning).  Mix in flour, xanthan gum,salt,
baking soda and cinnamon.  Mix in sliced strawberries and pecans andpour into
well-greased Bundt pan.  Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes oruntil toothpick comes
out clean

*I retain about 2 Tbsp thawed strawberries to use for glaze – just mix
strawberries with about 1 cup powdered sugar (use milk if too thick) and drizzle
over cake.

**For Thanksgiving, I'm going to substitute a can of cranberries for the
strawberries.  They will have to be stirred up since they are in a jellied base.
I'd also keep 2 Tbsp cranberries for drizzle - just mash them up a bit.  The
cranberry cake might also be good with orange zest folded in and maybe 1 Tbsp
Grand Marnier.