From:
Donna Hemingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 10:50:34 -0400

Anna Carter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have developed an allergy to wheat and corn (and who knows what else) and
>have been reading the postings on this site for a couple of months.
>
>I'm curious as to why you would notify your dentist about having CD.

Dear Anna and All Listmates... as I think this should be posted to the
list.... I always put Celiac on any intake and patient history medical
records. My personal saga which lead me to this list was because of some
dental problem. I had a crown and the gum was inflamed and bleeding for
over a year and it was not until the last 6 mos of trying to be completely
GF that I am getting some relief. I went to my Dentist and asked to see my
chart and looked to see if I had put celiac on it. I did and so I informed
him that all these problems I had were related to the gluten, I thought,
and that if he had anybody else come in with a gluten problem or this same
problem that he may consider the problems I had and keep this in mind if
they had similiar problems. This ongoing poblem was a puzzle to both of us
and he had an appt set up with a periodontist which I freaked out about and
decided that I would get to the souce of this problem. Thankgod- can you
imagine the condition I would have been in. It took me 6 months to figure
out the gluten/ celiac condition relationship , but the bleeding has
stopped and the inflammation is pretty well at bay. My gums have always
been very sensitive and sometimes I think the also my herpes simplex virus
gets rampaging around in my mouth and gums and lymphatic system and it all
just makes a mess. I have not had My vit K levels tested and sometimes get
strange nosebleeds. I thought maybe my vit e intake was too high.. ah
well... the constant detective chase to better health      Good Health ...

Donna in Pa