From:
Dianne Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 17:07:32 -0800

I have been having problems over the period of months with dehydration
after a bout with diarrhea. I had been hospital three times to get
fluids. Had been doing well since November until this week. Must have
gotten into some gluten. My question is what is the best thing to drink
and eat when the problems start so that I will not end up back at the
hospital for more fluids?  My potassium goes very low so the doctors
have me on potassium pills. I have been drinking chicken broth, water,
pediatric and eating very lightly. I have to watch my blood sugar
because  the doctors have  been monitoring it also for the past
months,thought I was hypoglemic but not sure now. When I start getting
dehydrated my blood sugar has been going up to 160 to 215. Any
suggestions.

I also wanted to know if anyone has been have problems with stomach
virus this year along with the cd. I was diagnosed with cd in 1993 and
being doing very well till August of   1999. I have had more problems
with my health since then than all the previous years. I had been doing
very well on the diet and even gain 20 lbs. Since September I have lost
27 lbs. and cannot gain weight. I seem to be alright for several days
then I get sick again. We have check all medicines and food, no gluten.
I just wandering, I feel like I just cannot get back on my  feet. It
seems that I keep adding one more disorder to the cd.

Thanks.

Dianne