From:
JSchroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:18:56 -0700

Hi all.

A while ago I requested a gf list of tuna, canned.  Sorry it took so
long, but I just got married one week ago, so you can imagine how busy
I've been!!  I needed ONLY those confirmed by the individual to be sent
to me.  I do not take my food recommendations off lists, just because I
am very sensitive to this.  This is my personal choice, and I am
requesting NO ONE replies to me regarding my personal choice on how to
maintain a gf diet.  The following canned tunas have been confirmed GF
by a manufacturer:

*****

I use Natural Sea (with or without salt).  It has an ingredient list of
: tuna, water, +/- salt. I stock up when my health food store has it on
sale at 99 cents a can.

I have other allergies, corn, soy, dairy...and I can eat this without
any problems at all.

I have also used Chicken of the Sea Low Sodium.  It also has ingredients
of just tuna and water.  I have seen it at WalMart recently for
$1.25/can.

*******

http://www.chickenofthesea.com/faqs.asp

"Q. Do Chicken of the Sea(r) canned tuna products contain
gluten?

A. No ingredients containing gluten are used in Chicken of the Sea(r)
canned tuna products."

"Q. What does the vegetable broth consist of that is added to
some canned tuna packs?

A. Vegetable broth, which is added to most canned tuna products as a
flavor enhancer, is described in FDA regulations and must consist of two
or more of the following vegetables: beans, cabbage, carrots, celery,
garlic, onions, parsley, peas, potatoes, green bell peppers, red bell
peppers, spinach, and tomatoes." ** Happy eating.

Joanna Pass