From:
Bob Harrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 12:41:55 PDT

All,

As a newcomer to (known) celiac disease, I am APPALLED by the
permeation of gluten throughout the food industry.  Essentially, it
appears to me, we are being killed off by default.  Does EVERY
dar n food product have to have EVERY dar n ingredient in it?
It really appears that I will have to grow all my own food (not a bad
idea, I suppose) and HOPE that some scientist doesn't transgenetically
transplant the DNA for gluten into my tomato seeds.

Does anyone know if any of our federal congressman (USA) have celiac
disease?  Cause it would sure be nice if mandatory labelling were imposed
on all these food suppliers.  It seems to me that we OUGHTA be covered
in some minor fashion by the Americans with Disablities Act.  Anyone game
for a trend setting lawsuit against a particularly surly food giant with
deep pockets?

Bob Harrington