From:
Leslie Granson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:06:43 -0400

Here's the bean flour pizza crust I promised; I find it to be much easier and
tastier than any of the rice flour crusts I've made or bought in the past.
Also, in regard to the Falafel pancakes: they are a complete meal serve with
a large green salad with cucumbers and a cool creamy dressing (I like a tofu
salad dressing).

PIZZA CRUST

l cup of Bean Flour (from Authentic Foods)
l/2 tsp. of salt
l tblspn. of Authentic Foods maple sugar
l/4 tsp. of xanthan gum
2 tsps. Baking powder
6 ounces of water
l tblspn. olive oil

Italian seasonings can be added for flavor if so desire. In a bowl, mix dry
ingredients. In another bowl, beat water and oil. Add to the dry mixture and
mix well. Let it sit for 3 minutes. Take a cookie sheet and lightly coat with
veg. or olive oil and spoon out 4 tablespoons of mix to form a 6 inch pizza
crust. To smooth out the crust, dip the spoon in water and use ti to spread
the batter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approx. l0 to l5 min. until
slightly golden brown. Flip over with spatula and bake about 5 more min.
until golden brown. Remove from oven and put desired toppings on; place back
in oven at 450 degrees for about 3 minutes.

I have sauteed onions, sausage, and mushrooms and other varieties. Delicious!
Also, I take to baked, cooled crusts and quarter them. Refrigerate and when
ready to use, put in toaster oven until crisp. Then top with whatever. This
serves as a sort of cracker or bread.

The following is an easy treat which has no flour, eggs or dairy in it:

Granola Chews

l/4 cup butter (I guess that is dairy but for some reason I can tolerate it)
l/2 cup honey
l/3 cup raisins
l/2 cup GF grated coconut
l/2 to l cup caorsely chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
l/2 teaspoon salt

In a saucepan, stir butter and honey over low heat until melted and blended.
Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, combining well. Spread
mixture ina ungreased square 8 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for about 25
minutes until set. Cool, cut into squares.

Have fun!

Leslie
(in Atlanta)