From:
Julie Bort <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Bort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:19:40 -0700

Want to address the other questions, comments, info that others sent to me
in many replies.

-- Oat Matzo
Oat Matzos can be bought online http://www.ubaccess.com/oatbuy.html There's
a list of stores there, too, but I'm in Colorado so none are in my area.
Most people say they are $18/$20 a box.
Lot's of people said they tasted terrible, but I have to laugh at that. I
had them last year and they taste pretty much like the wheat variety -- all
Passover matzo tastes somewhat terrible (they don't call it the bread of
affliction for nothing!).

-- Other Jewish recipes
I haven't converted many other recipes Jewish recipes to GF forms, but I've
converted lots of other recipes, so if you have a particular recipe you want
to convert, e-mail me. It might take some experimenting, but if Matzo balls
can be done, any of them can be done!

-- Mommy Guilt
The name of my upcoming book is "Mommy Guilt: Learn to Worry Less, Focus on
What Matters Most, and Raise Happier Kids" and is available at bookstores,
online -- all the usual places. If you are curious about getting a signed
copy, e-mail me offline about that.

-- Chicken soup
And finally, I got a couple of questions asking the secret to great chicken
soup. Chicken soup is simply chicken, water, salt, onion, carrots, celery.
Throw it all in a pot and boil for at least an hour. (Put the chicken and 2
teaspoons of salt in first, bring to a boil, skim the fat then throw veggies
in. Add more salt to taste later, if needed). The SECRET is to put lots and
lots of chicken in the pot. Use cheap chicken -- thighs/legs to make that
more affordable.

Hope you all are enjoying Purim!

Julie Bort
co-author, Mommy Guilt