From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 16:52:06 EDT

Leanne Wenzel <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone was reintroducing oats into
>their diet? I have recently started eating oats again and am planning on
>getting the appropriate blood work and another gastroscope in about three
>months. I will let everyone know the results when the time comes.

It has been a while since oats was discussed on the List.  For those who have
joined since then, there is a long summary of the cel-pro discussion on oats
available by sending an email to [log in to unmask] with the body GET
CELIAC GRAINS.  A number of celiacs have begun experimenting with it since the
publication of a favorable article in the New England Journal of Medicine,
although most of the celiac clinicians and researchers on cel-pro advocated
waiting for further study, or, as Leanne is doing, carefully monitoring their
response via serum/biopsy.

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles