From:
Meredith Misner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:40:32 -0500

Hi all!  This weekend I created a couple GF/vegetarian dishes which
turned out really well, and I thought I'd send them along. I don't
measure anything, so everything is just approximate and easy to
experiment with different ingredients.

Hope you enjoy!
Meredith Misner

LASAGNO (Mexican Lasagna)

1 package corn tortillas
1 jar salsa
1 can corn (drained)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 onion diced
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
a big bowl of miscellaneous cut veggies
        - use whatever you have - I used green and red pepper, asparagus,
broccoli, green onion, cilantro, black olives, and tomatoes

- grease 9"X13" pan.  Slice stack of tortillas in half.  Place about 5
tortilla halves in bottom of pan with straight side against pan.  Layer
veggies, then a glop of sour cream, a little cheese, and a little
salsa.  Continue layering (Like Lasagna) and top with salsa.  Bake about
1/2 hour at 350F.  Top with cheese and bake until golden brown.

ENCHILADAS

1 package corn tortillas
1 can refried beans
1/4 onion diced
1/2 green pepper diced
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
salsa - I don't know how much -- just for the top

In large bowl, mix beans and veggies and a little bit of the cheese.
Grease 9X13 pan.  With a tortilla in hand, place a large spoonful of
filling in tortilla and roll-up.  Stick a little of the bean mix on the
edge of the tortilla to "glue" it in place, and lay seam-side down in
pan.  Do this until tortillas or filling runs out.  Pour a little salsa
over all enchiladas, spreading thin, just so the corn tortillas don't
dry.   Bake for about 20 minutes at 350F.  Top with cheese and bake
another 5 minutes.