From:
Linda Scalice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:37:17 EST

I recently wrote about the GF status of Hormel Cure 81 hams. I had called
Hormel and inquired. They claimed it was GF yet listmembers disagreed. Here
are my findings:
-the gluten is in the glaze packet. Make your own with brown sugar, honey,
mustard and cloves
-3 people have eaten Hormel hams with no ill effects. 2 ate Cure 81, 1 ate a
spiral ham
-3 people said trust Hormel
-the question was raised as to whether or not it contains HVP. I called Hormel
on that and they said it would be listed on the label. It's not.
-One other person said he had purchased an Armour canned ham and it had
modified food starch on the label.
-Others reminded that we should all read the labels.

So, I'm going to enjoy my Cure 81 over the holidays. Happy and Merry to all!
Linda Scalice  Long Island, NY