From:
Corrina Chalmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:04:25 +1000

Our church usually supports the families of newborn children with a few
evening meals to help them get through the first couple of weeks of settling
in. Our child second is due at Christmas time and due to other circumstances
I have recognised that this may cause problems for me(the coeliac). Can
anyone provide suggestions as to how we/I could approach this? I have
thought about just cooking all of my own meals and freezing them ready to go
but can appreciate that others like to be able to help out at this time. I
also thought about providing recipes that specify which brands/products are
appropriate to use and feel that this can come across as patronising to
someone who is just trying to help out(that what they cook and how they cook
it is not good enough...even though that is the problem...:-) ).
I tried speaking to the person in our congregation about this today and she
said that she could only ask...with a bit more warning than usual ...and
that it is up to the people involved. I agree but I don't want to be up all
night, neither do I want to be ungrateful for the support.

If anyone could provide suggestions/support/inspiration on how to deal with
this I would be most grateful.

Thanks four your time
Corrina (Melbourne, Australia)