From:
Allan Gardyne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:10:20 +1000

Hi Everyone

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the following symptoms
and can offer any suggestions.

(I was diagnosed about four years ago as having coeliac disease
and have been on a scrupulously gluten-free diet ever since.)

For months, my stomach has been gurgling so loudly that it keeps me
awake at night, or wakes me up and wakes up my wife. At first I put
it down to stress (watching my father slowly dying and then coping
with new technology at work with virtually no training), but when I
got over that the the symptoms persisted, I eventually saw a doctor,
who had some faeces tests done which were negative. I have an
appointment with a gastroenterologist, but there's a long wait...

I've lost about half a stone in weight in six months, most of that in
the past month, and I'm suffering from a severe loss of libido -
rather upsetting for someone who hasn't reached 50!
I eat a balanced diet with heaps of fresh fruit and vegetables, take
vitamin and mineral supplements, and eat almost no processed food
(I look with wonder at all the requests for info on ingredients in
processed food).

Has anyone any experience with these symptoms? I didn't have any of
them when I was diagnosed as CD.

Allan in Queensland
Besy Gluten-Free Recipes
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~coeliac