From:
"J. S. Weihofen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:59:46 EST

Summery of  hoisin:  Didn't get a lot of feedback on this one, apparently
everyone else is still looking for a GF hoisin sauce...one person said she
uses a brand called  Ka-Me. She lives in Pittsburgh, PA and gets it at the
grocery store but not sure its available on line or elsewhere.  Another said
Dynasty brand hoisin is GF and is distributed by JFC International, phone #
800 633-1004.   A fellow from Colorado said he purchases the Lee Kum Kee
brand that has corn starch listed but is only able to get it in an Asian
Grocery and is not certain it is GF...I'm still looking and in the meantime,
I made my own...it's not as good as the real thing but it does work.  Will
post more if I find anything. Thanks everyone. JS in IL