From:
Cliff Blaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 09:35:22 EST

Thanks to everyone who responded to our inquiry on gf dining in the Sarasota
area.  Here's the summary:

Outback/Carrabas are the most accomodating.  Lazy Lobster in Sarasota is
GREAT.  Columbia's in both St. Pete's and St. Armands are wonderful too.
Even Albertson's grocery store sells Gluten Free Pantry mixes.

There is a place called Shell's, connected to a hotel on St. Pete's beach.
They were very accomodating.  Had a very happy experience with them and went
back again.

Denny's has been favorable.  There is a huge health food/organic grocery
store on the east side of 41 on the road that leads to the beaches.  They
carry all sorts of gluten free mixes and ready made goods.

If you need a health food store in the area, try The Granary on Stickney
Point Road, the street that goes out to Siesta Key.

We go to Outback Steakhouse on Tamiami in Sarasota.  They will cook a steak
in a pan for us without seasonings and a baked potato not cut open.  We bring
our own butter and sour cream.  Also the Manhattan Bar and Grill will do the
same thing.  They are north of Outback on the same street.

A small chain of restaurants in Florida - The Columbian.  Spanish and
absolutely delicious.  Get their house salad with olive oil and lemon
dressing.  I've eaten their fish and chicken Paella - fabulous.  Even the
flan dessert is gf.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions.  Hope you all enjoy the Holidays!

Cliff in NJ