From:
Diane Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:08:55 -0600

    I just got off the phone with Kim Spencer of Nutritional Food Products,
P.O. Box 398, Mecca, California 92254, phone 760-396-2116.  She confirmed
that the corn puffs produced by the company are definitely gluten free, as
they only produce one kind of cereal a day and the lines are totally cleaned
at the end of the day so there is no cross contamination.
    The corn puffs are sold under the name Alf's Natural Nutrition, and are
available at Wal-Mart Super Centers.   They may be available elsewhere, but
that is where I purchased ours for 68 cents a bag!  They also make puffed
brown rice, but I don't recall seeing it as I was only looking for puffed
corn.  Good news for puffed corn snackers!