From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 08:53:53 -0500

Hi,
 I let my subscription expire last year, and regret it.  We have a support
 group in Charleston, SC now, how cool is that? www.charlestonceliacs.org
 Things have changed a lot since I was diagnosed in 1996. Our next meeting
 is Feb 20 at 6:00 PM but the years schedule is listed on the site. We
 should an official site listed with the CSA soon.
 I went to the local base commissary recently and found Vans frozen g/f
 waffles in with the other waffles.  I went out of my way to thank them.
 They sell g/f beer in two places here now.  I personally didn't like it
so
 I won't say anything negative about it.  Whole Foods says they have a
hard
 time keeping it on the shelves. I will stick to Taylor's Lake Country Red
 and yes I know some people can't drink red wine. I have been know to
drink
 warm PBR during the Viet-Nam conflict in 1965 which is a worthless bit of
 information.  We take cold beer for granted now generally speaking it was
 served out of large trash cans that had been iced down on good days at
the
 club, which was about the only place on base that had A/C. I managed to
  come back with infectious hepatitis so these autoimmune
 diseases started for me in 1971 when I was medically retired from the
USAF
 when I was diagnosed with T-1 diabetes, DH in 1992 and CD in 1996 so
 in my case it is not genetic.

 I managed to get listed as a "quiet celiac" whatever that means. I
thanked
 Mike for making it easier to post messages and view the archives.

  OT:  For anyone from this neck of the woods www.johnnycash.com
  has continuous music.  I like the one about going to jail for hugging
and kissing
  the Chattanooga city limit sign.  I was brought up near there in
Madisonville, TN

 Charlie

*******
*******