From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.V. Rich
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:55:10 -0700

I had posted an email earlier this week about my daughter's health
problems that had led us to choose to school her at home -- either with
homebound education or homeschooling.  For once, I did not get an email
from the Listserve asking me to summarize the comments received!

I still plan to summarize the responses I have received and am grateful
to all the wonderful people who took the time to respond.  I appreciate
your experience, wisdom and willingness to share your views.  For me,
this is the best part of living with celiac.

A couple of folks expressed concerns about whether Nexium is GF.  Here
is what the Nexium website says (www.purplepill.com)

Does NEXIUM contain gluten?
No. Gluten is not an ingredient in NEXIUM.

In order for a product to be described as gluten-free, we require
certification from all our suppliers, confirming that each particular
inactive ingredient does not contain gluten.

We have obtained certificates from all current suppliers of the
inactive ingredients in NEXIUM capsules that confirm there is no
gluten. Therefore, NEXIUM is gluten free .

I am not convinced that taking Nexium is part of our child's health
solution, but at least it appears that it isn't a gluten problem.

Jackie in AZ