Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:00:34 -0700

So many responses -  here goes:  Thanks to everyone!!

I've bought the Wapler turkeys, they're fine....but what makes you think
turkeys wouldn't be GF? If you get one that is not injected with
chemicals like the awful Butterball ones....then you don't have to
worry. Just ask the butcher if you're concerned

Honeysuckle is GF, it says so right on its wrapper.

Cathy

Shady Brook and kosher Empire turkeys are g/f no additives. Shady Brook
ground white turkey breast has natural flavorings that are soy bean oil
and rosemary. Just checked last week. I do not think Butterball turkeys
are g/f.

Hope this gives you a start.

Rosalie

Hi, To my delight I found Jennie-o turkeys to be gluten free. They are
available at Wal-Mart. There is a gf gravy packet with the turkey. It is
delicious. However, there is one packet that isn't gf. Read the labels.
Also I think there is an 800 # for them on the turkeys. Don't have my
info with me right now.

Last year, my first year diagnosed I discovered the Riverside brand
turkeys state on the front of the wrapper that they are gluten free.  I
always shyed away from them, always went with Butterball.  But since
diagnosed had the Riverside brand, it was great.  Guess packaging really
does effect the choice, it may not look as tasty as Butterball, but if
they say GF on the package, I'm game.  Happy Safe Holiday Season.

Bell and Evans turkeys are GF

empire turkeys are gluten free.  you can order them from
www.koshermarket.com

You might want to check on never-frozen - not injected - turkeys.
Rosebud Farms is one brand here. There are others.

Then make a nice GF cornbread stuffing, or a wild rice stuffing, or
whatever

Honeysuckle White--says it right on the package

If you have an Albertson's grocery store near, they sell an Albertson's
brand turkey that states right on the package that it is GF.

Although there is some controversy over this, I called Butterball and
the rep. assured me that all of their turkeys (as well as chickens),
including the self-basting ones, are GF.  We eat their chickens all the
time with no problems.