Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:36:48 EST

Hi Listmates

Last night I had dinner at Spires in Boston. We had informed them when  we
made the reservation of my dietary needs and that I would like to have a
dessert. The entire meal was wonderful. The waiter knew of my "allergies" as he
referred to Celiac Disease, took my card of dos and don't to the chef, who had
said I could order what ever I liked from the menu and he would modify it.
Needless to say I didn't try the pasta, but the dishes I ordered were wonderful.
They brought out the recipe for an Indian pudding souffle to check all the
ingredients were acceptable. The waiter who brought the roles to the table,
knew  I could not have any, checked this was correct, gave a roll to my husband,
and  took away my bread dish. It certainly made me feel safe. I asked if I
could  order the tasting menu, and after checking with the chef our waiter told
us  that we need only call and speak to the chef the day we come next if we
would  like that--he would be delighted to prepare one for me.

The restaurant is expensive and not a place for children. I have no
financial stake in the restaurant. I just wanted to share with others who  are in the
area or may be in the area my wonderful experience. It is a great  place to go
for a special dinner.

Helen
Boston