From:
Joan McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:38:27 -0500

I had a number of responses to my question re: weight gain/Metabolife.
After reading these I have decided to lose weight naturally...Responses
follow:

1)  No one knew for sure if Metabolife was GF

2)  Weight gain is natural after going on a GF diet, just getting healthy.
I was told to let my body get back to normal and my weight should then
stablilize.  (I just hope it stabilizes when I'm a few pounds lighter)!

3) A number of you said that Metabolife could be dangerous (causes rapid
heart beat, jitters, etc):

4) Several members said a Low Carb diet would be best.  Eat lots of fruits
and vegetables and drink lots of water.

5)  Prednisone increases appetite so that I should lose some of this weight
with the decreased appetite after getting off Prednisone.  However, several
of you said that taking off the Prednisone weight would be difficult.

6) Another member told me about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet - this
sounded very good to me, and I will look into it.   Their website is:
www.scdkitchen.com

Thank you to all for your responses and help.  This site has been a
blessing to me!