From:
Erica Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 15:01:30 EDT

Hello Group!

I want to first thank all those who replied with valuable info on eating GF
in NYC.

I have received numerous e-mails on eating GF in NYC.  The following is a
summary of info I received from helpful listmates!!!  I haven't tried any as
of yet, but I am listing the info that I have received.

RESTAURANTS:

Gus's Place: Located in the West Village; 149 Waverly Place (off 6th Avenue);
(212) 647-0619 and (212) 645-8511.

*I received many e-mails on this place.  Apparently there is a GF menu and
the food is delicious.  It is a pilot restaurant for celiacs started by the
Westchester celiac foundation.

Sacred Chow:  Located aroung Gus's Place.  Has GF cookies.

Rice & Beans: 50th & 9th.  I'm not sure if they have a GF menu.  But the
listmate who repied swore by this place.

O'Lunney's: W 46th Street.  Once again I'm not sure if they have a GF menu,
but the listmate recommended this place.

Candle Cafe:  Upper East Side.  They have one thing that is GF.

Rose of Bombay:  6th Street between 1st & 2nd Ave.  They have a GF Menu.

The following are websites that were recommended that I check out to find GF
restaurants.

www.glutenfreerestaurants.org
www.silly-yak.com - links page - GF restaurants
net.regards

The following is info that was given to me, so I am passing it on:

*   Curry dishes in Indian Restaurants are almost always GF.

Thank you all once again who replied.

Erica