From:
Kay Huddleston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:12:35 -0500

I want to thank everyone who responded to my "Cry" for help.  I had 35
messages was the most valuble of all.  It made all the difference in my
attitude and I hope you all know how important your posts are to a newly
diagnosed celiac.

These are the ideas that you gave me:

Hormones : Triple Estrogen Cream from a compounding pharmacy, an estrogen
patch, Stokes Pharmacy by mail,Hormones w/olive oil from Women's
International Pharmacy.

Alternative medicine:  acupuncture, herbs, homeopathy remedy (Veratrum Alb
30C for Gluten accidents), St. John's Wort for Depression, Flax Seed Oil
and Vitamin E (Spring Valley from Walmart are GF)

Look at diet again and investigate everything especially anything that is
processed.  Hidden sources might be wrapping paper and plastics sprayed
with a wheat solution to keep ingredients from clumping. Keep a food diary
for at least two weeks and log every morsel that goes into your mouth and
every symptom.  Sensitivities may not be related to gluten but still cause
problems.

A coincidental viral infection.

Charcoal tablets for gas and bloating and removing toxins.

Concentrate on fruits and vegetables.  Not so much fat.  Lots of water.
Large meals or too much fiber can be a problem till your gut heals.

Read past posts from archives for good information.

Never eat out.  It's too hard to avoid cross-contamination.

Stress-Natra Calm- a type of Passiflora-Completely GF (Ask any pharmacist)

Therapeutic Touch and Reiki- helps with pain and stress level and to
improve your mood.

Canola,msg, and lactose are common problems.

Support group meeting in your area are a good way to connect with others.
Many people take 6 months to 2 years to feel better.  Everyone still
has "bad" days no matter how careful they are with GF.Everyday above ground
is a good one.(I like this )  And finally, this is the one I hang onto,
"It will get better.  It won't always be this Hard!"  Thanks again to
everyone on the list.  I hope someday I can help someone the way you have
all helped me.

Kay Huddleston