From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:18:34 EST

I felt like I was getting sick last night and figured I'd better do my
homework in case the doctor prescribed one of the latest flu meds. These are
two drugs  that my pharmacy said are popular. I phoned both drug companies
today.

Relenza is made by Glaxo Wellcome.  The representative said, as of today,
they consider it gf, but with the warning that their suppliers could change
the source of the ingredients at some point. If you want to question them
yourself, call 1-888-TALK 2 GW or 1-888-825-5249. The gentleman (Mike?) with
whom I spoke was informative and caring. If you lose this number and have to
use the one provided in the Stokes Pharmacy guide, be prepared to have to
argue your way past a young, rude woman....if she lasts at the job.

Tamiflu (spelling?) is made by Roche Laboratories. A lovely RN, I think her
name was Kathleen Saigen, responded that all Roche products are gluten-free.
She did not add the same warning as the guy from Glaxo, but my humble opinion
is that all drugs are subject to that, even if the company is committed to gf
preparation, so if you're unsure, call them at the time you need the drug.
Roche is at 800-526-0625. Kathleen was also caring and patient...and even
wished me a quick recovery from the flu.

As it turned out, my symptoms seemed to have abated, so maybe I'll be
successful in fighting it off. I hope you don't need Relenza or Tamiflu,
either.

Linda Goldkrantz