From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:11:31 -0700

Thanks to the replies I got about using Xanthan gum in
salad dressing, I was successful this past weekend in making
all four varieties.  I used my food processor, mixing the
Xanthan gum and seasonings with some water to make a
paste, then putting it in the processor with the vinegar,
and adding the oil slowly.  The only thing I don't like
is the "dull" look, but the dressing is nicely creamy and
sticks very well to the lettuce and protein.  AND, because
it sticks better, I'm using less.

Thanks to everyone on this list for passing along your
"secrets."

Nancy