From:
"David E. Scheim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 20:10:11 -0400

I believe it is possible for Celiacs to develop allergies to other foods
- this could develop during a period before diagnosis, when gluten is
ingested, possibly causing an allergic reaction to develop to foods
eaten often in conjunction with gluten.

I have found, for example, that I am highly allergic to pure mustard -
mustard seed alone, not just commercial mixes with other ingredients.
If you have indications that you have allergies to some other foods not
containing gluten, it seems reasonable to consider them as serious
possibilities.  I believe, for example, that many Celiacs are allergic
to soy.   --David Scheim

--
David E. Scheim, Ph.D.    3300 Old Farm Road     Blacksburg, VA 24060
Phone: 540 552-8014.      Fax: 540 552-0507