From:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 06:38:32 -0800

Hello Everyone!

Just want to follow up on my dental visit summary and let you know that I
did get hold of Oral-B and found that the prophy paste used at the
dentist's is indeed GF, as well as the Minute Foam flouride and the Satin
Floss.  The woman was very helpful.  (1-800-566-7252)

The one thing she said, however, is that although they do not add any
gluten-containing ingredients, their suppliers of raw materials CANNOT
GUARANTEE gluten-free status, since the raw ingredients from their
suppliers MAY come into contact/have been in a plant where there are
glutinous ingredients present.  Therefore, they cannot guarantee the GF
status of their products...they just don't add any gluten.

I'm not sure where I go from there, if that's enough.  My son went to the
dentist and we decided to use Topex prophy paste which a listmember said
was gf (pina colada). The hygenist used powder-free vinyl gloves, and made
notes on all the kids charts.  She is "in-the-know" about celiac now.  My
son had no adverse reactions.... he's pretty sensitive - the day before
someone gave him some bubble gum (he's 6) and he was up that night
screaming from a headache and throwing up.  All that work to ensure a gf
dental visit and then a little piece of gum slipped in throws the
switch!!!!  We will press on!!!

Happy day and much peace to you all!

Kate