From:
Joe Ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:45:24 -0600

Following up on the recent discussion of oat matzo, I have some
information, and an offer. I went to Hungarian Kosher, which is the local
store that stocks them. They're not in yet. There have been several holdups
in the shipment. First, apparently there were actually problems working
with the oats this year (more on that later). Then the shipment went to
Italy! (don't ask me why) They were taken off the boat in Italy and
transferred to a new boat. They're _supposed_ to be in the country, and
distributed to stores, by the end of next week.

Now, about the oats. Apparently some of the oats tested higher in avenin
(the oat homologue to wheat gluten) this year than the manufacturer really
likes. So, it is possible that people who are sensitive to oats may not be
able to use them.

Keeping all that in mind, I could purchase extra for a few people--probably
5 or so--and ship them to you. So, if you are someone who wants to use the
oat matzos, and has either no sufficiently local vendor and/or don't want
to order through the usual online vendors (kosher.com, for instance), write
to me by next Tuesday, April 5, so I can reserve them at the store. I don't
want to make any money off this--the cost to you would be my cost plus
shipping (UPS or priority mail, your choice). I can make no guarantees
about the condition of the matzos once they've been through all the
shipping, but I'd hope that there would be at least three whole ones for
you to use at the seder.

Shabbat Shalom,

Joe Ellison
Document Delivery Assistant, Transportation Library (OCLC symbol JCR)
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Dr.
Evanston, IL  60208-2300
phone: (847)491-8600, fax: (847)491-8601,
email: [log in to unmask] (personal), [log in to unmask]
(departmental)
ARIEL: 129.105.19.35 or staff019035.library.northwestern.edu
Visit the Transportation Library:
http://www.library.northwestern.edu/transportation